CERAKOTED RADICAL FIREARMS 7″ RAILS
CERAKOTED RADICAL FIREARMS 7″ RAILS
A handguard or rail system for an AR-15 is a component that attaches to the rifle's upper receiver and provides a mounting platform for various accessories, such as grips, flashlights, lasers, and sights. It also serves as a heat shield to protect the shooter's hands from the barrel's heat.
Traditionally, AR-15 rifles came with a fixed handguard that provided limited space for mounting accessories. However, with the growing popularity of the platform, aftermarket manufacturers developed a wide variety of handguards and rail systems that offer different shapes, sizes, and attachment options.
The most popular handguard/rail systems for AR-15s are the Picatinny and M-LOK systems. The Picatinny rail, also known as a MIL-STD-1913 rail, is a standardized mounting platform that uses a series of parallel slots to attach accessories. The M-LOK system, on the other hand, uses a series of "keyholes" instead of slots, which allows for more flexible placement of accessories.
In summary, a handguard or rail system for an AR-15 provides a more customizable and versatile platform for mounting accessories, improving the rifle's functionality and performance.
Handguards or rail systems are an essential component of an AR-15 for several reasons:
- Heat Protection: The barrel of an AR-15 can become very hot after extended use, and a handguard or rail system serves as a heat shield to prevent the shooter's hand from getting burned.
- Improved Accuracy: Mounting accessories such as lasers and sights to a rail system provides the shooter with a stable and consistent platform, improving their accuracy and precision.
- Customization: A handguard or rail system allows the shooter to customize their rifle with a variety of accessories, including vertical grips, flashlights, and bipods, to suit their specific needs and preferences.
- Ergonomics: The shape and design of a handguard or rail system can also improve the shooter's grip and handling of the rifle, providing a more comfortable and ergonomic shooting experience.
Backwood Sports is an eCommerce website that offers a variety of outdoor products, including Firearms, Accessories, Parts, Ammo, and more! Here's a step-by-step guide on how easy it is to buy a product on their website:
- Browse Products: Firstly, you'll need to browse Backwood Sports' website to find the product you're interested in. You can do this by using the search bar or by browsing through the different categories.
- Select Product: Once you've found the product you want to purchase, click on its image to access its product page. Here you'll find information about the product, including its price, features, and availability.
- Add to Cart: If you want to proceed with the purchase, click on the "Add to Cart" button. You'll then be redirected to your shopping cart, where you can review your order and make any changes to it.
- Checkout: When you're ready to checkout, click on the "Checkout" button. You'll then be asked to enter your shipping and billing information, including your name, address, and payment details.
- Review Order: Before submitting your order, make sure to review all the details, including the product, quantity, and total price. If everything looks correct, click on the "Submit Order" button.
- Confirmation: Once your order is submitted, you'll receive a confirmation email from Backwood Sports. This email will include details about your order, such as the product, quantity, and expected delivery date.
Overall, buying a product from Backwood Sports is a straightforward and user-friendly process. With just a few clicks, you can browse through their selection, add items to your cart, and complete your purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, their customer service team is available to assist you.
Using a handguard or rail system on an AR-15 can offer several benefits, including:
- Improved Accuracy: By adding a rail system to your AR-15, you can mount accessories such as sights, scopes, or lasers to the rifle, which can help improve your accuracy and precision when aiming.
- Customization: Handguards and rail systems come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials, allowing you to customize your AR-15 to fit your specific needs and preferences.
- Heat Protection: A handguard or rail system can also serve as a heat shield, protecting your hands from the heat generated by the barrel of the rifle during use.
- Ergonomics: The design and shape of the handguard or rail system can also provide a more comfortable grip on the rifle, allowing for better control and handling of the firearm
- Hand rail
Question & Answer
Here are some safety information about AR-15 handrails/handguards:
- Heat Protection: The barrel of an AR-15 can become very hot after extended use, and a handguard or rail system serves as a heat shield to prevent the shooter's hand from getting burned. It is important to be aware of the heat generated by the rifle and avoid touching the handguard or rail system after firing.
- Proper Installation: When installing a handguard or rail system, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure that the system is properly installed and secure. A loose or improperly installed handguard or rail system can affect the accuracy of the rifle and potentially cause injury.
- Accessories: If you are mounting accessories to your handguard or rail system, make sure that they are securely attached and do not interfere with the function of the rifle. Check the manufacturer's instructions for recommended weight limits and ensure that the accessory is compatible with your particular model of handguard or rail system.
- Cleaning: When cleaning your AR-15, be sure to remove the handguard or rail system and clean any debris or residue that may have accumulated on or around the system. This will help ensure that the rifle continues to function safely and effectively.
- Personal Protective Equipment: When shooting an AR-15, it is important to wear appropriate eye and ear protection to protect yourself from the noise and debris generated by the rifle. Additionally, consider wearing gloves to protect your hands from the heat generated by the rifle.
Overall, while handguards and rail systems can provide numerous benefits, it is important to always practice safe handling and use of your AR-15. Be aware of the heat generated by the rifle, ensure that the handguard or rail system is properly installed and secure, and always wear appropriate personal protective equipment when shooting.
Available in all 50 states.
What is a quad rail system?
A quad rail system is a type of mounting system for firearms, particularly rifles, that allows for the attachment of various accessories such as scopes, sights, lasers, flashlights, and foregrips. It consists of four Picatinny rails, one on each side of the rifle’s handguard, which are designed to be compatible with Picatinny or Weaver-style accessories.
The quad rail system provides a versatile and customizable platform for attaching accessories, which can be mounted at various positions along the rails to suit the user’s preferences and needs. This allows for a high degree of modularity and flexibility in configuring the rifle for different applications, such as tactical, hunting, or sport shooting.
Quad rail systems are commonly used in military and law enforcement applications, as well as by civilian shooters who value the ability to easily add and remove accessories from their firearms.
Are quad rails out of style?
In recent years, quad rails have become less popular as newer and lighter weight handguard designs have been developed. Some of these newer designs incorporate built-in accessory mounting points or have a more streamlined profile that makes them more comfortable to hold and easier to handle.
However, quad rails still have their advantages and are still commonly used by some shooters, particularly those who prefer the versatility and modularity of the Picatinny rail system. Additionally, many firearms manufacturers still offer quad rail systems as an option for their rifles, and they are readily available for purchase from various aftermarket suppliers.
Overall, whether or not quad rails are considered “out of style” is largely a matter of personal preference and intended use. Some shooters may prefer the classic look and functionality of a quad rail system, while others may prefer the lighter weight and sleeker design of newer handguard options.
What quad rail does the military use?
The United States military has used a variety of quad rail systems for their rifles over the years, but one of the most common is the Knights Armament Company (KAC) RAS (Rail Accessory System). The KAC RAS is a free-floating, two-piece quad rail system that attaches to the rifle’s barrel nut and provides a continuous top rail and individual rails on each of the other three sides.
The KAC RAS has been used by the U.S. military on rifles such as the M16A4 and the M4 Carbine, as well as by various law enforcement agencies and civilian shooters. It is known for its durability, versatility, and compatibility with a wide range of accessories.
In recent years, some military units have transitioned to newer handguard designs that offer lighter weight and more ergonomic profiles, but the KAC RAS and other quad rail systems are still used by many military and law enforcement units for their reliable performance and modular accessory mounting capabilities.
Are M-LOK rails better?
M-LOK (Modular Lock) rails are a newer type of mounting system that have gained popularity in recent years. They use a series of small slots instead of the larger Picatinny rail system used by quad rails to attach accessories.
M-LOK rails offer several advantages over quad rails, including:
- Lightweight: M-LOK rails are often lighter than quad rails because they require less material to manufacture.
- Streamlined profile: M-LOK rails have a sleeker, lower profile than quad rails, which can make them more comfortable to hold and easier to handle.
- Easier accessory mounting: M-LOK slots are smaller and easier to attach accessories to than the larger Picatinny rails of quad rails.
- Flexibility: M-LOK slots are positioned along the rail at intervals, which provides greater flexibility in placing accessories where the shooter prefers.
Overall, whether or not M-LOK rails are better than quad rails depends on personal preferences and the intended use of the rifle. M-LOK rails are often favored by shooters who prioritize weight and a streamlined profile, while quad rails are preferred by those who value the versatility and modularity of the Picatinny rail system.
There are no question found.